Well, it’s official: I am getting antsy. Antsy to start life with this wonderful little girl sleeping next to me every night cradled in my arms. Antsy to get back what I feel I don’t have anymore: a life. Just kidding, but not really.
The past two weeks I have been very dissatisfied with the way my life is going which is why I now feel ready to get started on planning the new, better, wonderful life somewhere in this world with my baby girl. Before I can start the steps to get there, I need to figure out the goal – the ultimate life I wish to be living.
For that, I need some help. I have some options figured out as to what I want to be doing for a living and what will happen with my babe during that time, but I am completely lost in the decision as to WHERE I should apply the rest of my decisions. Therefore, I need suggestions for places in this big ole world where we could start anew. Here is a list of conditions the new place to live needs to meet:
- Good community – it should be in a location where people live together, not next to each other. That doesn’t mean I want to be best friends with my neighbors (I actually would prefer for them to live more than a quarter mile away), I just need to know that there are people who care for others.
- Infrastucture – I do not necessarily wish to live in a big city because I would like to live close to nature, but there should be cultural, educational, and economic opportunities within an hour driving time. Also, an international airport within four hours driving time at least.
- Weather – snow on Christmas would be cool, but do not need winter that lasts six months.
- People – an international feel to life is what I love. I don’t care which passport you carry, but show me you get something about the world.
- Legality – there needs to be opportunity for permanent residence for Lily & me as well as a work permit for me in either self-employment
I think that is enough for the minimum requirements. Now, it’s your turn! If you know a cool, great place to live that meets these requirements, please let me know about it via WordPress, Twitter, Facebook, Email, or text me! Thanks, guys and gals! 🙂